Agile Manager [EOL] Review

The release forecasting allows the team to make adjustments to sprint content in order to ensure we meet dates.

What is most valuable?

It provides visibility on the progress of backlog item completions for sprints and the impact progress is having on the overall release date.

Integration with HPE ALM/QC, Jenkins and Subversion allows us to view the project’s health through one product.

How has it helped my organization?

The business, developers and QA now have a central location to track their progress as one team rather than three silo teams.

What needs improvement?

- Wider support for IDEs.
- In the world of Java, it currently supports Eclipse but not NetBeans.

I have used it for eight months.

I have not encountered any deployment, stability or scalability issues.

Excellent customer service and technical support. The SaaS solution certainly makes it much easier for technical support to troubleshoot issues and provide advice.

I did not previously use a different solution personally, but other members of the team had previously used Rally. We chose Agile Manager as we were already a user of HPE’s ALM/QC and HPE offered a modern solution with tight integration to ALM/QC.

Initial setup was straightforward as it was SaaS, but there was some installation and configuration work to be carried out on synchronising Agile Manager with our on-premise ALM/QC, Jenkins and Subversion instances.

The HPE SaaS team set up the Agile Manager instance and our in-house IT team configured the synchronisation side of things.

What other advice do I have?

If you are syncing with ALM/QC, take your time and read over the help guide on the synchronisation. Get the synchronisation behaving exactly how you want it to with the various synchronisation settings.

More Agile Manager [EOL] reviews from users