Agile Manager Review
Handles user stories well but the lack of a testing module is a problem

What is most valuable?

The way that it handles the user stories. It's more compatible because it is built to support the Agile framework or Agile methodology. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the testing capability, so we have the bridge between AGM and ALM.net to support the testing we want to do. So how you write your user stories, and the requirements gathering, in Agile Manager is pretty good.

How has it helped my organization?

This is for one of our critical teams - which is the product lifecycle management team - they started using AGM mainly because they wanted to change how they are delivering their products. Now we can do shorter cycles and have better traceability, and we have this integration between AGM and ALM, as I said. That combination always pushes data of the cycles and the test runs so we can prepare better reports in AGM and present it to the leadership. That's how it increases the productivity of development.

What needs improvement?

Right now I can't say because other stuff is being migrated to Octane. But basically, the testing module that we are used to, that wasn't there at all. If they would have added that into it then they wouldn't even need to build Octane.

We did have a list of items we wanted to see added but now they are moving all those things to Octane, and we are also interested in Octane now, so we are not looking to request any more changes to AGM, understanding that this is the go-to tool.

It is a stable product. But unfortunately right now there aren't many changes they are doing to AGM because Octane is the preference and they're moving customers to Octane. But really stable, so far.

It is pretty scalable. We didn't do it enterprise-wide. But we do have about 100 users working on it, and it's a pretty big project - that always happens - so it's pretty good.

As usual, only if we get into any issues that obviously need to be done, we definitely use tech support. Sometimes when we order new features we use tech support as well.

They're good. They are responsive. We have a CSM, we always get the responses back. Even without the CSM, we used to have the response, it's pretty good.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking into AGM, don't go with AGM, go with Octane.

1 visitor found this review helpful