AirMagnet Spectrum XT Review

I like the capabilities for scanning the spectrums in portions instead of filling the whole screen

What is our primary use case?

Wireless scanning, mapping, and troubleshooting.

Spectrum XT continues to help with interference issues in the factory environment. Having multiple systems factory/IR/RF/Microwave and LMR is challenging to keep everything working together.

How has it helped my organization?

I've been able to diagnose trouble areas in the factory with devices interfering with each other, from 2.4 GHz wireless and microwaves, to separate industrial systems creating too much noise.

What is most valuable?

• Having the capabilities of scanning the spectrums in portions instead of filling the whole screen
  • Scan over time to see the trends on the graph
  • Ease of setup and deployment with a tablet or laptop.

What needs improvement?

Connections from the antenna to the main unit are not efficient to connect and disconnect. Also, not thought out for placement of the cable between the unit and antenna to not catch the things disconnecting it during use.

Three to five years.

If you're having multiple issues, I'd recommend this to people. In the long run, it's worth the cost not having to wait for a vendor to make it out during an outage or intermittent time of issues.

Doing it ourselves or the cost of paying a vendor to come in each time.