AirMagnet Survey Review

Good spectrum analysis and reporting features, but the antenna options could be improved and the price reduced

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and I work with this product at a high level. It is used for spectrum analysis and wireless surveying.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the survey, spectrum analysis, and reporting.

What needs improvement?

The surveying features are in need of improvement, along with general usability. For example, they should import functions from other products that make things easier from a planner's point of view.

The antenna options should be enhanced.

It takes a little while to render the coverage maps.

The price could be lower.

The updates are few and far between, so they should release them more regularly.

I have been using AirMagnet Survey for ten years.

Overall, the stability is not too bad.

Technical support is a little bit slow to respond. I would say that they are about average.

This product is very expensive.

Our license is coming up for renewal and we're planning to have a close look at Ekahau. We will be comparing the two and possibly look to change.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering AirMagnet is to have a look at Ekahau Survey, as well. This is something that we plan on doing before our next renewal.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

More AirMagnet Survey reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Ekahau Site Survey
Find out what your peers are saying about NetAlly, Ekahau, iBwave and others in Network Modeling. Updated: January 2021.
456,719 professionals have used our research since 2012.