AirMagnet Survey Review

It is possibile to conduct both passive and active surveys at the same time.

Valuable Features

• The possibility to conduct both passive and active surveys at the same time (+ Spectrum integration)
  • The possibility with Planner to customize the antennas (and use models that are not in the AirMagnet database)

Improvements to My Organization

It’s the essential tool for conducting an audit and identifying interference sources on a wireless network and improve the channel tuning.

Room for Improvement

It would be great to have the possibility to use multiple floors on the same project (and not create a project for each map).

Use of Solution

I have used it for two years.

I had some crash issues due to the wireless card driver.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is 8/10. I had one call with the support; they solved easily my problem.

Before AirMagnet, I used free tools that didn’t allow be to conduct an active survey.

During initial setup, there were some difficulties recognizing the proxim 8494 using the AirMagnet driver, so the software wouldn’t run (because the licence is tied to it).

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

No support = no upgrades: Take this into consideration.

Other Solutions Considered

Ekahau is a good product, too, and more user-friendly, but AirMagnet is the reference.

Other Advice

Do all your surveys with two wireless cards.