AirMagnet Survey Review

We use it to help show our wireless coverage throughout the building. Once we have completed the survey, we move access points or make other necessary changes where it is needed.

What is most valuable?

We have a very disruptive environment for wireless internet. We use Air Magnet Survey Pro to help show our wireless coverage throughout the building. Once we have completed the survey, we move access points or make other necessary changes where it is needed.

How has it helped my organization?

We have had multiple issues with our wireless phone dropping from the network along with our RF gun scanners that are used to scan barcodes. We have used Air Magnet Survey Pro to help see how the access points overlap each other and the overall dbm.

What needs improvement?

When pausing during the middle of a survey, I often have issues when restarting because the survey tool can’t determine exactly where I am in the building when I click on the map. Also, when I get done completing a large survey, it often struggles to try and save all of the information.

I have used it for one year.

Overall, the software has been pretty stable; have not had any issues with the software crashing.

I have not had any scalability issues.

I worked with technical support when I was first learning how to use the software. They were helpful and willing to do some test surveys with me until I got comfortable. Since then, I have not had to contact them until I had to switch my license from one computer to another; overall good support.

I did not previously use a different solution. We priced out a few other solutions, but AirMagnet just seemed like the best solution for us.

Initial setup was a little confusing at first but, as I’ve mentioned, support was there to help me out.

When we were pricing out other solutions, AirMagnet came out with the best pricing. We purchased the one-year support and we are at the time to renew again, which we will be doing.

Before choosing this product, we tested out Ekahau and Fluke.

What other advice do I have?

AirMagnet has a wide variety of products that fit in with the Survey Pro. The planner looks to be a great tool but unfortunately, I haven’t had the opportunity to test it out yet.