Alcatel-Lucent 8600 My Instant Communicator Mobile Edition Review

One of the valuable features is dial by name.

What is most valuable?

One of the valuable features is dial by name. You have the option of dialing the beginning letters of the name, if you do not know the number of your destination.

What needs improvement?

There are common faulty processor cards, i.e., CS-2 and GD-3. They are very sensitive to power outages and harsh environmental conditions. The hardware should be improved upon.

We have been using the solution since 2011.

We did not encounter any issues with stability. The system is stable, if all the necessary site and installation standards are adhered to.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability. Prior planning is essential to support growth, since the system has a capability range from six users to more than 1000.

The rate of technical support is exceptional. The support engineers are very knowledgeable about the products.

We switched because that was the direction taken by one of our big customers, i.e., the government.

Initially, the setup was complex. After a couple of installations, it became easy to set up and install.

Licensing and pricing is an issue. Pricing is an issue, because we have to go through a distributor, who then has to access Alcatel/Lucent.

We initially secured access to Alcatel PBXs through our supplier. We have maintained the relationship, so far, based on Alcatel acquisitions for our customers.

We evaluated NEC and Mitel.

What other advice do I have?

It is convenient to implement. Technical support is guaranteed to assist you.