Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Stellar Review

Excellent BYOD features, user network profiles, and unified communication capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We are installing this solution for our enterprise customers for access, applications, mail, and CRM. The product can also be used to provide access for remote workers.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspects include its BYOD features, user network profiles, and unified communication.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to improve access for Mac and iOS devices.

There are occasional OS bugs.

I've been using the solution over the last three or so years. I've used it for a while now.

The product is 80% is stable. The only real issue is when there is an OS bug. Only then will there be an issue. The OEM is doing the OS bugs fixing.

The solution is scalable. It works for any size of company, no matter if it's a small business, enterprise, government, education, hospitality, or any other type of customer.

It's also easy to scale, as it's a soft controller. You just have to add on the licenses. It can scale up to 4,000 access points.

Our company tends to provide technical support to our clients if they need our help.

That said, if there is an OS bug or there is a vulnerability, then OEM needs to be aware the bug needs to be fixed. With regard to that, we contact technical support.

We also use Aruba. We use both simultaneously.

The solution offers a pretty simple setup. It's not overly complex or difficult. A company shouldn't have any issues with the process. However, it does depend on the organizational requirements.

The time it takes to deploy the solution also varies. A smaller setup, for example, may only take about two days. However, a larger setup could take longer.

What other advice do I have?

We are a premium partner of Alcatel-Lucent.

Overall, I would recommend this solution to other users and companies.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

More Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Stellar reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Aruba Networks, Ruckus and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: September 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.