Alfabet Enterprise Architecture Management Review

A stable, scalable solution with good management functionality

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of the solution was to commit different applications and to commit the technology being used by those.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the completeness, and the repos included on the platform.

The solution offers very good management.

What needs improvement?

The user experience, the layout and the different technologies behind the presentations are a bit old. These need to be updated. They should focus on web development. It's simply not supporting the current user experience guidelines.

The solution was quite expensive.

The modeling features on the solution need improvement. Alfabet is really good at management, but not that good in modeling. Some other products, like Sparx, can do both. The solution should strive to be good at both as well.

I've used the solution for a few months.

The solution is very stable.

Within the cloud environment, the solution is quite scalable.

We had a custom made internal solution before switching to Alfabet.

The initial setup was straightforward. It takes two to three days to set up the environment. One person was able to handle the implementation.

We had assistance with the implementation.

We evaluated iServer, and MEGA among others, but the main issue was the pricing of such technology. It is quite a large investment.

What other advice do I have?

We only used the solution for a few months because it was only a proof of concept and since it was really expensive, we decided to choose another solution. We tested the solution for three months. Our organization used the private cloud deployment model from the software agent.

In terms of advice, I would say, that, as for any other product like this, to start slow. You should start with a small data model, and focus on improving it step by step.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten. If it weren't for the pricing, I would probably rate it higher.