AlgoSec Review

Speeds time required for compliance audits and provides a safer environment

What is our primary use case?

Increase the visibility of CyberSec and the area of compliance (audit) of the environment, with the AFA increasing the visibility of vulnerabilities in the environment caused by extensive configurations, and with the AFF optimizing the operation, allowing to focus on improvements.

We implemented in an environment with more than 280 Firewalls from different manufacturers and the AlgoSec solution enabled a more detailed analysis of the environment, ensuring greater security.

It made it possible to reduce the performance of the operating team in the reactive combat of threats, making the operation more active and focused on quality.

How has it helped my organization?

Reducing operational costs and decreasing the cat's time with rework and unproductive audits.

We find that the traffic simulation query, active change, policy optimization, FireFlow, and map features are especially useful. All other features of the app are also valuable.

The time spent on auditing before AlgoSec was very heavy, at least one analyst dedicated for a week for small audits, and for most, we lost an analyst for weeks.

After implementing AlgoSec, we reduced the audit time to three days.

The environment is much safer with more active configurations.

What is most valuable?

Analysis of the environment to optimize the use of the solution (firewall) and obtain a greater view of compliance.

Optimizing the operation making it possible to focus on other improvements.

The possibility for the end-user to request their rule and ensure that policies are complied with using AlgoSec adds greater security, and it also speeds up the request process. It also makes it possible to automate the implementation of rules.

The user receives the information if his request is within the policies and can continue the request, or if it is denied, the applicant must adjust their request to stay within the policies. The time spent for this without AlgoSec is up to one week, whereas with AlgoSec, in a maximum of 15 minutes we have the request analyzed.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support more technologies, but I know that AlgoSec is always in the process of evolution.

Perhaps a better financial option would allow customers to choose the complete solution. In an environment that is very large, with many firewalls and routers, it is sometimes impossible to buy all of the licenses. This makes the AFF solution impossible.

This product is stable. There have been a few problems, but when there is some instability the support is always available.

Scalability-wise, this product is good. You can increase capacity simply by buying more licenses.

We had a few cases where we needed support, but whenever we did, it was available, and with the information needed to solve the problems.

The initial setup is easy and simple.

Always by supplier, highly qualified work with positive results.

The solution has a high cost, but the reduction in operation pays the investment.

For the AFF solution, it is necessary to purchase a license for each network asset so that the solution is complete, depending on the size of the environment.

Before choosing this product, we evaluated SolarWinds and FireMon.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and it meets the needs of customers.

AFA and AFF
More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,719 professionals have used our research since 2012.