AlgoSec Review

Enables us to create new rules and have a more secure flow

What is our primary use case?

We use:

• FireFlow
  • AFA, AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer
  • BusinessFlow

I use AlgoSec to optimize the firewall rules and to analyze the logs of a lot of firewalls, like Palo Alto, Check Point, and Fortinet.

When a user creates a ticket in AlgoSec, I validate the ticket or don't. It's opened flow in the firewalls also.

I also use it to implement and push the rules in the equipment.

I have used it for compliance and analytics. I audit Cisco ASA equipment. I do a compliance report for every piece of equipment. I do some reports and also weigh any risk on each piece of equipment. Some rules use, for example, a critical port. If it shows to be a risk, we'll take action. For example, we can optimize a permissive rule and create new rules to have a more secure flow.

I use FireFlow to help users when they create a ticket in AlgoSec. I help them with information like the IP source, IP destination, and endpoint.

AlgoSec also helps users choose the right equipment. There are a lot of stages and at every stage, I can choose the equipment. We have a lot of equipment and a lot of firewalls so that we can identify equipment. I also use the map to see the flow from the source IP to the destination IP so we can discover the network. It's essential to have a picture of the flow in terms of the equipment, services, and protocol.

We have critical security policies. With AlgoSec, we can create a security policy to manage critical applications. I have worked in the bank and they have critical applications. We created some security policies for those applications. Controlling the flow is critical for our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

In the beginning, we compared tools like AlgoSec, Tufin, and Skybox. We did some research. There was budget to purchase the resource. We did comparisons and found AlgoSec to be the best solution.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use. It's not very complex. You can do a lot of things with AlgoSec.

What needs improvement?

AlgoSec should be optimized. There is a lot of RPA and we have scripts in AlgoSec that need recertification. With AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer, we can see lots of objects and lots of rules that tell us we need to clean the equipment. It will give us a solution but it doesn't always work. The solution that it gives us is not always accurate from the scripts.

For example, because we have a workflow, when the user creates his ticket, the ticket was automatically dispatched to different teams. We have a security team and another team to implement and push the rules. The ticket automatically will get sent to the wrong team and then we need to send it back to the user for them to update.

I have used AlgoSec for two years. I use AlgoSec in French.

I find AlgoSec to be stable. Sometimes there are days that it doesn't work. We connect to AlgoSec via the web. Some days we don't have access to it and we get in touch with the support team to help us. This happens around once a month.

It is scalable.

I reach out to support when I have questions. I send emails with my questions.

The initial setup was not complex. It was easy.

In terms of pricing, it is more expensive than other solutions. It's expensive because we also have the AFA module.

AlgoSec is better than Skybox and Tufin. We have a lot of AlgoSec licenses. It offers the ability to do optimization and varied tasks.

AlgoSec offers diagrams about different pieces of equipment but Tufin and Skybox don't offer these features. I can also control external IPs. We can see the configuration. All equipment has configuration and AlgoSec enables us to log that traffic. We have control over the flow.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. It's practical and easy to use. Many enterprises use it in France. Anytime we have questions, the support team is responsive.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with Tufin
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.