AlgoSec Review

Implementation of new rules without the need for manual configuration of rules on all firewalls in the traffic path has been good for us.

Valuable Features:

Firewall analyzer and traffic simulation based on configuration analyzer of all rules on the firewall. Implementation of new rules without the need for manual configuration of rules on all firewalls in the traffic path.

Improvements to My Organization:

It helped to improve our automation and simplified the configuration of new access rules.

Room for Improvement:

In our experience, AlgoSec need to improve the integration of firewall vendors, because at the moment they don't support all vendors that are out there.

Algosec Firewall Analyzer has a feature called 'Implement on device' which automatically creates access rules based on your request and sends it to the appropriate device. At the moment, this feature can not be implemented on Fortigate firewalls or Juniper EX switches which act as a layer three device with ACL's etc. I mean they need to improve interoperability with more vendors in order to automate access rules modification on these unsupported yet equipment.

Use of Solution:

I've used this solution for approximately five months.

Deployment Issues:

According to my colleagues who implemented it, there were some problems during the implementation. They contacted their support team who provided us with good support and we were able to get it implemented.

Stability Issues:

We had no issues with the performance.

Scalability Issues:

It's been able to scale for our needs.

Initial Setup:

I wasn't involved in the original implementation.

Other Advice:

It's an amazing product for those admins who have huge variety of firewall vendors and would like to be able to automate the implementation of new firewall rules for access across the network.