AlgoSec Review

ALGOSEC - Automate Firewall Security Policy Orchestration

What is most valuable?

• Granular visibility
  • Risk rules evaluation
  • Saves with manual processes and dependencies

How has it helped my organization?

• Saves person-hours
  • Security tightening and optimization in minutes
  • Loophole identification which helps with compliance
  • Effective tracking and automation of change management

What needs improvement?

Automated policy push for the Fortinet product family. The Active Change/Automated Policy push feature is already there for all other leading devices such as Cisco, Check Point, Juniper, and Palo Alto, etc.

I've used it for two years.

It's not hard to deploy, and can be run on a virtual environment.

It is a robust easy to use platform.

It has highly scalable architecture.

The customer service team is reliable.

They have time-zone matched technical/SLA support and local response team available.

It is pretty straightforward and a piece of cake for the network engineers.

Initial implementation is highly recommended to be done through a vendor and/or subject matter expert so you can leverage the best of the features.

AlgoSec is a best of class solution with unique value proposition. Licensing has flexibility perpetual and subscription models, and by identifying your own real needs can achieve savings.

As a fair evaluation, other solutions are available in the security policy cleanup area. However, AlgoSec stands apart with a visionary business centric approach – not limiting itself to a mere firewall security cleanup tool. With AlgoSec, we also get an automated security change management/compliance solution. It has the unique and powerful application connectivity auto-discovery and then translates these to firewall rules. This is useful to achieve automation during datacenter migration, etc.

What other advice do I have?

AlgoSec is a business-driven security management solution, a comprehensive and visionary solution which covers what needs to be covered in firewall security visibility, security change management, and application-security connectivity. AlgoSec as a platform fills the gaps between the otherwise disconnected teams - Security, Network and Applications - within an organization.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are value added distributors of the solution and are confident that we have the best choice in helping customers manage security at the speed of business.

1 visitor found this review helpful