AlgoSec Review

Tremendously improved our organization's security with much better and efficient firewall rules

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to clean up firewall rules of migration from Cisco ASA to another firewall vendor. We try to get rid of old rules and get these converted into new rules which apply better to our environment.

How has it helped my organization?

It tremendously improved the security of our organization with much better and efficient firewall rules. We saved a lot of time using this tool to get the rules clean. Also, the overview of the network topology map is a very good thing to get a clear view of every single region in your network.

What is most valuable?

The best feature is, in my opinion, the firewall analyzer. Just let the tool analyze the traffic for a few days or weeks, and you will get perfect ideas on how to improve your rules and which rules are just unnecessary or too spacious. So getting a better security level by better firewall rules is just what you want to have if you're using a firewall. Otherwise, it would not make sense to have a firewall, right?

A nice feature as well is that it gives a compliance report on each of your security devices. This helps a lot to get an overview of every single security device in your network and its status.

What needs improvement?

The versioning is a bit weird. We used to use version 2017 which is quite current, but it looks like it is a 2017 version. As far as I know, they want to have this changed soon. Nevertheless, this is something which definitely needs to be improved.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.