AlgoSec Review

What is our primary use case?

We used AlgoSec during a migration between firewall vendors. We needed a tool that could help evaluate the effectiveness of our existing rule base and inventory network objects.

How has it helped my organization?

Running AlgoSec helped us clean up years worth of obsolete rules and objects. This left us with a clean and up-to-date policy on our new firewalls.

What is most valuable?

• Policy risk mitigation identifies and helps tighten risky rules rendering the policy more secure.
  • The change management feature is great for environments with multiple firewall engineers.

What needs improvement?

The only thing I had slight issues with is the web UI which is a bit tricky to navigate. It can be difficult to find what you're looking for without having to click around for a bit, but once you get to know where things are, it's not bad.

Trial/evaluations only.

This is the first solution of this kind I have used.

Setup is a breeze.

I did not evaluate any other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.