AlgoSec Review

The ability to see rules with a few clicks isd valuable

What is our primary use case?

• Firewall management, configuration, and risk management functions to ensure the highest security posture
  • Automated change notification is a must and is critical in maintaining a safe environment and compliance.
  • Need the ability to review the policy and NAT rule bases
  • Lastly, logs from a firewall can be overwhelming and difficult to maintain, so every security department needs the ability to review logs with accuracy.

How has it helped my organization?

AlgoSec provides visibility of policy and NAT firewall rules for rule review and cleanup. It provides risk management status of our firewalls at a glance, and notifies when any change is made to the firewalls. This solution has improved our security posture, lowered our risk and exposure, saved time with cleanup and maintaining the firewalls, and allowed for log review with ease. Finally, AlgoSec has changed how firewall management and changes are conducted, so it has improved our overall process and procedures.

What is most valuable?

I value all the rich features of AlgoSec equally since it solves many problems with one solution. From the ability to see rules with a few clicks to maintaining or lowering the firewall's security risk score is priceless. And, the support team behind the solution is equally as strong and helpful, making this one of my best implementation decisions and tools in the toolset.

What needs improvement?

AlgoSec is my favorite tool because it does what it is designed to do and it does it well. The service I've received from their support teams is second to none. They have always successfully answered my questions and solved my problems. So, it is difficult to improve a solid solution but, not everything is perfect. Having executive type reporting capabilities which explain the security posture and scoring to provide to executive management would be a nice feature to add. Reports can be printed, but an executive summary report would be an improvement.

More than five years.
More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.