AlgoSec Review

Helps to maintain and provide regulatory compliance metrics and to optimize the overall security of the organization

What is our primary use case?

The AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer was greatly used for firewall analysis, policy tuning, and optimization. The automated change management feature was very useful and integrates seamlessly into the change management process.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helps in maintaining and providing regulatory compliance metrics and to optimize the overall security of the organization. It provides great visibility into your firewall rules, thereby allowing you to eliminate redundant or overlapping rules. It saves time by allowing administrators to test network traffic and pinpoint which rules are being triggered for a particular traffic flow.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features to me were the following:

1. Testing network flows and optimizing firewall policies.
  2. Obtaining regulatory and compliance metrics for audits.
  3. Visualize complex networks using the topology maps.
  4. Simple interface and ease of navigation.

What needs improvement?

The product has a lot of great features already. However, I would like the reporting to be more customizable, as per user and auditing needs.

Less than one year.

It is a highly scalable solution as per my experience.

I haven't used any other solutions.

I do not have much information on the pricing, as I wasn't part of the actual procurement process. I was told that the pricing and licensing was comparatively fair.

I did a basic evaluation of FireMon, which had identical features to the AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer.

Algosec Firewall Analyzer
More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.