What is our primary use case?
Our primary use cases for this solution are:
- Business Security and Automation
- Faster change management solution
- Network Security device analyzing and optimization
How has it helped my organization?
AlgoSec helps to analyze the risk, optimize the rules and policies, and improve performance in network security devices such as firewalls.
- It helps to perform the network security changes four times faster than the normal change request process.
- It assists in provisioning the application rapidly, which increases the organization's revenue.
- The ASMS (AlgoSec Security Management Solution) is fully focused on business security and automation. It ensures business security and agility.
What is most valuable?
The features that we have found to be most valuable are:
- Risk Analyzing: Has helped to identify the risks in security network devices in a very short time, which increases and improves security overall.
- Policy optimization and IPT: Has helped to identify the garbage rules and improve the device performance. Also, has assisted in removing any rules causing IPT failure.
- Compliance: Helps prepare for the audit in a short time, and assists with continuous compliance.
- Active push: It is capable of pushing the changes and configuration from AlgoSec itself, which decreases manual errors during implementation and configuration.
What needs improvement?
This product could be improved in several ways, including:
- More device support - such as barracuda devices
- An automated rollback process and options in active push. when we do a active push Algosec takes a policy backup for recovery purpose. if we did any change using active push from Algosec and if the customer wanted to rollback the particular configuration, better if Algosec able provide automated rollback process through AFF rather creating a manual a ticket.
- Software-defined WAN integration and support
- Application-aware policy identification and optimization - now a days most of NGFW are creating applications (such as Salesforce, Skype for business etc..) aware policies using their application database. normally destination object will be these applications and not the legacy objects that we created in firewall. if Algosec able to understand these application it will be good move for future market.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
We are very impressed with the stability of this solution. The product is very user-friendly and does not cause many technical problems while in operation. Sometimes we might have issues with newly supported device integration and features.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
AlgoSec has multiple form factors such as a hardware appliance, VM appliance, and software. The customer can choose the most suitable solution for their environment. Further, AlgoSec has three main components and the customer can purchase them phase by phase, based on their requirements and budget. It can scale up to the total ASMS solution using the same resources.
How are customer service and technical support?
As per my experience, AlgoSec provides very good customer service and technical support. They are very friendly and their response time and SLA are very impressive.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We did not use another solution before this one.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup is very straightforward and easy. Further, AlgoSec provides better documentation and self-support services where we can learn, reference, and be empowered.
What about the implementation team?
We are a value-added distributor of AlgoSec and have implemented this solution for many customers in addition to ourselves. Our customers are happy with the implementation.
What was our ROI?
Our return on investment with this solution is between one and two years.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
The setup for this solution is not very costly. The licensing is very easy to set up, with flexible licensing methods such as subscription and perpetual. The pricing itself is also flexible, with it being related to the number of devices and applications.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
Before selecting this product, we evaluated Tufin.
What other advice do I have?
This solution is very useful for any type of organization with multiple network security devices such as firewalls, routers, etc, and have the goal of achieving business security and automation.
AlgoSec has main three components that can be purchased in different phases if required. They are:
- AFA: AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer
- AFF: AlgoSec FireFlow
- ABF: AlgoSec BusinessFlow
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a value-added distributor for Algosec and we have implemented the Algosec solution in many customer places in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
May 09 2019