AlgoSec Review

Enables us to analyze and optimize our firewall by evaluating the rules and services

What is our primary use case?

The AlgoSec Firewall analyzer has helped us to analyze and optimize our firewall by evaluating the rules and services. These include routing, access rules, and restricting both applications and servers.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped my client to analyze and assess whether any service or routes are needed for connections that are going to be created. It has also optimized the efficiency of the firewall by evaluating the rule set.

This solution helps us to save time, making the job more efficient for our network engineer.

What is most valuable?

The features that are most valuable are the interactive topology map and the traffic simulation queries.

The MAP helps us by generating a network topology map and checking the routing table for every device that is connected. The traffic simulation queries help us to check the connection between two objects. This allows us to gather information about the devices pertaining to blocked traffic or services that we need to add.

What needs improvement?

The MAP has a persistent issue with a firewall that is using a double BVI (Bridge Virtual Interface). In this configuration, it cannot give the correct and proper topology, so the traffic simulation query cannot run properly between the source and destination.

Less than one year.

We have used other firewall products and it is very complex to check if any connections are down or blocked.

Firewall Analyzer
More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.