AlgoSec Review

Network security optimization saves us time while boosting both security and performance

What is our primary use case?

We use AlgoSec to provide compliance and for the ease of automating everyday security tasks. We have more than five hundred firewalls and automation is a must. This was the best product in terms of the flexibility and visibility that we needed to manage them across different regions. We can modify policy according to our maintenance schedule and time zones.

How has it helped my organization?

AlgoSec has reduced the need for additional manpower and we can now use the time to tackle other security-related issues. For incident response, you can automatically isolate compromised servers from the network.

It helps remove rules with limited impact on other applications. By maintaining a clean security policy, it reduces the risk from the most common attacks and also improves performance.

AlgoSec has also helped increase collaboration between departments. It helps our network department to reduce third-party involvement in policy creation and management.

What is most valuable?

So far, we are using AlgoSec Analyzer and FireFlow. The Analyzer is more for compliance, risk, and auditing. FireFlow is more for automating rule changes and installation.

Right now I am loving FireFlow for its easy to use interface. You can also get as complex as you are comfortable with. You can add email, scripts, and hooks to certain aspects of the rule creation process.

What needs improvement?

AlgoSec now has cloud products that they are rolling out. This is the next space for which everyone is dedicating more resources. We would like to see them utilize the cloud to help with performance improvement, and with various processes needed on a daily basis. We have two remote agents that help with daily processing and would like to integrate more power from the cloud to be as flexible as possible.

Five years.
More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.