AlgoSec Review

Helped optimize our environment during transition to newer Firewall technology

What is our primary use case?

It is currently used by the network security, audit, and internal control departments of organizations where I have deployed the application. It gives overall insight/visibility and enhances security across the enterprise.

How has it helped my organization?

Our company environment used old fashioned firewall devices for a long time and we hardly touched on old firewall rules. With this product, we were able to clean up our firewall rules and organize them neatly. It actually gave us a very straightforward report of what is being used, and not used, for firewall rules.

AlgSec is used for in-depth firewall analysis and intelligent policy tuning and optimization. It helps in regulatory compliance metrics and overall firewall security optimization.

What is most valuable?

I like the auto-mapping features and configuration overview. We use this for many things, but primarily for quick reactions to security events, audit, project management, and quick operational efficiencies.

• Firewall rule optimization
  • Regulatory and baseline compliance analysis/mapping
  • Policy tuning
  • Application discovery
  • Automated Change management

What needs improvement?

The reporting portion is weaker than other competitors, although this is good enough to utilize in our environments.

Enhanced integration via API (typically, this is only known by few AlgoSec users).

The user interface could be a little more user-friendly. Other competitors have more of a dashboard look and feel. With AlgoSec, you have to launch new windows to see rule usage reports. It can be a little bit difficult when trying to find more information.

Two years.

Our company was using old fashioned firewall devices.

We did POC on FireMon and AlgoSec. We chose AlgoSec for our company environment.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.