AlgoSec Review

By letting developers access this solution, we cut down the questions and time we had to spend explaining what ports are open and where.

What is our primary use case?

We use it to find unused objects and rule cleanup. However, we also found a use case by letting developers read access so they can see rules and open ports so they can request firewall changes as needed. This opened up time for our firewall engineers because they did not have to answer questions anymore to developers.

How has it helped my organization?

By letting developers access AlgoSec, we cut down the questions and time we had to spend explaining what ports are open and where. They can now see in one panel. Since there are multiple firewall vendors, they can see what rules apply where using one tool.

What is most valuable?

I think finding the firewall's rules with the highest risk is valuable. In the old days, we had to run reports and look through rule bases trying to find risky rules and that can also lead to human error. Now we see it via AlgoSec. It also helps because we see those risks across multiple vendors.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more object-based reports on groups and object usage. When cleaning up old rules, it is easy to disable the rule and then delete after a while. Trying to find unused groups or used objects in groups gets a little harder and I would like to see an easier view into those objects.

3 Years

We have never had an issue with its stability.

This product does scale very well and we never had a problem with performance.

Whenever we did have a question on setup or changes, the tech support was very willing to work with us even on basic questions.

We have used Tufin which does a good job looking at groups and objects but AlgoSec adds more of a risk approach to it.

It was very easy to setup and easy to get firewalls working with the manager.

We were able to set it up in-house without any help. That is how easy it was.

Our ROI was seen very quickly since we gave developers the option to look at rules. IT opened up so much time where our firewall engineers had to deal with questions and explanations.

I would start with only a few firewalls and then grow. You can get your feet wet and add more firewalls in next year's budget.

We evaluated Tufin

What other advice do I have?

The solution is pretty solid and intuitive.