AlgoSec Review

Significantly improved our firewall security optimization

What is our primary use case?

We are using AlogSec mainly for firewall compliance reporting as well analyzing and evaluating firewall policy. That, in turn, means we can actively work on firewall policy optimization and elimination of unused and risky rules. We also using it for compliance reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped us a lot in improving our firewall security optimization as well in evaluating security policy to eliminate the risky rules or secure them.

Its reporting modules solve all our monthly and quarterly compliance-related reporting requirements.

What is most valuable?

Currently, we are using almost all the features of the product to take as much advantage as we can of what it offers. But our primary use is compliance reporting and the Firewall Analyzer helps us achieve our various IT compliance requirements, like ISO-27001.

What needs improvement?

There is huge scope for improvement in the level of support, especially around the issue of resolution time. That is the only negative point I find in the solution. I hope you guys will work on it and improve your resolution time which will help customers to keep their AlgoSec device healthy.

We have been using AlgoSec for six years.

In the six years we have been using it, we have never seen an outage or failure of AlgoSec or any other software-related failure.

The product is very scalable. We have never faced any issues related to the scalability of the product.

As an individual, my experience has been good, but in terms of technical-issue resolution, I am not 100 percent satisfied because of time the AlgoSec team takes to fix issues, some of the time.

Previously, we were using Tufin but we found that solution more complicated when compared with AlgoSec.

The initial setup was straightforward because of the well-defined GUI platform.

We implemented it in-house.

Given that we have been using this product for the last six years, there is no question about ROI. If we were not seeing ROI, per our expectations, we would not continue with the product.

AlgoSec is not much more expensive compared to other products available in the market.

We evaluated FireMon but it was more complicated than AlgoSec and did not fulfill our basic requirements.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, AlgoSec is doing a good job.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.