AlgoSec Review

Automatically detects changes outside of approved times, but technical support is poor and documentation needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product mainly for firewall and network management. It detects any firewall and network changes that are done manually and not within the change control time window. Finding out the traffic is blocked or not using BusinessFlow is really good.

How has it helped my organization?

It didn't improve in my organization. There is a lack of documentation when communicating between the AlgoSec appliance and the other appliance. When we raised these concerns to their support, they were not able to help us with the issues.

What is most valuable?

We loved the automatic policy or network topology change features in the AlgoSec appliance. It detects the changes and alerts when someone is trying to make changes in the firewalls or network devices during abnormal change-time windows.

It detects if the requested network and ports are getting blocked by the network or firewalls by a simple query, which helps to identify the network blocking firewalls in the topology.

What needs improvement?

1. AlgoSec support needs improvement, and support needs training to better understand customer issues. ( Support team repeatedly fails to understand the customer issues, Response to the support ticket based on the severity is very poor, support team responses to severity 1 or 2 tickets are very very slow. Customer support representative need training on how to handle severity 1 or 2 tickets)
  2. Integration with other appliances needs improvement. ( AlgoSec integration with other ticketing systems like Service Manager / Service now is not good, It needs to have better integration with ticketing systems like Service Now and Atlassian JIRA)
  3. Documentation needs improvement. ( There is lack of documentation integration with other ticketing systems like HP service manager, Rest APIs, SOAP)
  4. There are limited sets of Python API calls, so they need to add more features in the API.
  5. The FireFlow template does not allow the user to perform external actions like sending an email or triggering a specific action. It needs improvement there.

We have been using this solution for one year.

AlgoSec support is very, very poor. Their support engineers do not even understand the problem or the severity of cases. AlgoSec is pretty bad with handling hardware appliance failure.

This is the first solution we used.

My advice is to please make sure that you evaluate other competitive products before choosing this solution.

The price is high but the support is extremely poor, so keep that in mind before choosing this product.

We evaluated FireMon before choosing this solution.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.