AlgoSec Review

Optimizes firewall policies and facilitates compliance auditing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer.

We have more than ten cluster firewalls and we have deployed the AlgoSec solution suite. We want to check compliance status of our devices. We also need to reduce the number of rules in each of the policies.

In our new data center, we want to automate the firewall policies.

How has it helped my organization?

Now, we can easily track the changes in policies. With every change, AlgoSec automatically sends an email to the IT audit team. It increases our visibility of changes in every policy.

Every month, I use the optimizer to reduce firewall rules. In the summary tab, I can easily track the number of changes in the firewall policies.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the reporting, including the policy report and regulatory compliance reports.

In the Intelligent Policy Tuner, the tighten permissive rules tab allows us to reduce the number of rules in each policy. I can easily control, report, and reduce the rules for policies. Also in the Rules Cleanup tab, I am removing unused rules as I feel confident in deleting these types of rules.

Our Information team read Regulatory Compliance Reports that can easily track the compliance status of each device.

What needs improvement?

Cisco Firepower device support is limited in our AlgoSec system and I think AlgoSec can improve in that area. For example, in FireFlow we can easily track using the ticketing system to integrated Check Point devices. However, with Cisco Firepower devices, we couldn't integrate with them.

We have been using AlgoSec for almost six years.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The pricing of AlgoSec is fair.

Before purchasing AlgoSec, we implemented a PoC with each of AlgoSec, Tufin, and FireMon.

What other advice do I have?

We have more than ten clusters behind our firewall. It is essential that we track the changes in policies and the compliance status of devices. AlgoSec can easily do that.

6.30
More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.