AlgoSec Review

Automatic firewall rule configuration helps reduce our workload

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for AlgoSec is to automate our firewall configuration. We use the AlgoSec system to remotely configure the firewalls, making our life easier.

We are in a multisite environment with plenty of firewalls for perimeter security and LAN segregation for specific proposes. This solution helped us to make the process more dynamic.

How has it helped my organization?

It has reduced the workload for the firewall team thanks to the API integration with our ticketing system, doing the standard type of request automatically. Before having it, we had to create a lot of standard rules that now can now be just pushed from the AlgoSec system.

What is most valuable?

The automation of the firewall rule deployment, working together with our ticketing system, is the most valuable feature of this solution. The needs as required by a user request are automatically validated and configured in the specified firewalls without any human action. This improves the firewall team's workload.

What needs improvement?

I would be nice to have a good tool for network map discovery in the GUI to make it more user friendly and be able to check and modify network maps in graphical and more intuitive way . This will improve our network overview for new deployments and troubleshooting.

I have been using this solution for three years.

In three years, we have only had one issue with respect to stability.

When we had the issue they responded well.

We did not use another solution before AlgoSec.

We deployed this solution using our in-house team.

The reduction in workload reduces the cost in terms of human time.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.