AlgoSec Review

Improves policy manageability, efficiency, and accountability

What is our primary use case?

We use AlgoSec for automating and management of security changes to our firewall policies.

How has it helped my organization?

AlgoSec makes it easier to implement flow-opening requests by our users. We now have a standard procedure that everyone must follow, whereby they create an AlgoSec request for any change to the firewall policy. The product also helps us to keep track of every change that occured in the past.

AlgoSec also provides us an easy way to review the policies of all of our firewalls. We are able to perform searches for specific rules/objects on all of them at the same time, even if they are from different vendors.

What is most valuable?

Firewall Analyzer is valuable because it makes searching our existing policies so simple.

We like FireFlow because it provides an easy way to introduce flow-opening requests.

What needs improvement?

They can make some improvements to the user interface because it can be slow at times.

We have been using AlgoSec for three years.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.