AlgoSec Review

Reduces IT workload and improves efficiency using powerful API integration

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for AlgoSec is to automate our firewall configuration. We use the AlgoSec system to remotely configure the firewalls, making our life easier.

We are in a multisite environment with plenty of firewalls for perimeter security and LAN segregation for specific proposes. This solution helped us to make the process more dynamic.

How has it helped my organization?

It has reduced the workload for the firewall team thanks to the API integration with our ticketing system, handling the standard types of requests automatically. Before having it, we had to create a lot of standard rules that now can now be just pushed from the AlgoSec system.

It has also helped in terms of firewall monitoring. Automatic alerts are sent to the security team so we can react quicker in case something goes wrong or a thread is detected going through the firewall. This is made possible using the simple reports.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution from an operations perspective is the automation of the firewall rule deployment, working together with our ticketing system.

Any new needs are requested by a user using the internal webpage request. This request is automatically validated against a set of standard rules. If the request is compliant, the new rule sets are automatically configured in the specified firewalls without any human action. This reduces the firewall team's workload and improves efficiency.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to have a good tool for network map discovery in the GUI to make it more user-friendly. I would also like to be able to check and modify network maps in a graphical and more intuitive way. This will improve our network overview for new deployments and troubleshooting.

An API to connect to Palo Alto Prisma and Zscaler to be used after SD-WAN deployment would be a helpful feature. We have discussed this with AlgoSec and are hoping to see it in the near future.

We have been using the AlgoSec solution for four years.

We did not use a solution like this one previously. This is the first time.

I'm part of the team that uses the AlgoSec solution, not on the finance IT team.

More AlgoSec reviews from users
...who compared it with FireMon
Learn what your peers think about AlgoSec. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.