AlienVault OSSIM Review

A cost-effective, stable solution that offers timely technical support

What is most valuable?

AlienVault's features are all quite valuable. Using the CM to get post pay logs and lateral pay logs to a connection is also helpful.

What needs improvement?

The biggest thing I always complain about is that the user intake is a very old version. In cloud versions, it is very good, but for on-premises versions, it's not so good. If they want to improve the on-premises version, they should upgrade the SQL.

The user interface could be improved.

I've been using the solution for 18 months.

The solution is very stable. We've never had any availability issues. Our consultant used a 12 core CPU, but he only used half of it.

From a scalability perspective, it's very good software. It is very scalable because it has a very flexible architecture. You can connect one source in one server, and then you can connect four additional ones off that. You can put one on in front of it and you can put four under it and you can put four each off of that, etc. It's pretty open to scalable architecture.

Technical support was very good. They've always responded on time.

The initial setup wasn't too complicated. We didn't have any problems.

We implemented the solution with the help of a consultant.

You pay monthly for the solution. I think it's one of the best products. If you compare with other companies, like LogRhythm, etc., the top 8 or 10 CMs, I think AlienVault has the best price-performance ratio.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.