Altaro VM Backup Review

Linux guests on Hyper-V clusters is missing a file level restore functionality but when we need to restore something, we don’t need to repair the failed backups as we did before.

What is most valuable?

• Cluster shared volumes backup
  • Back up live virtual machines which use Microsoft VSS technology
  • File level restore

How has it helped my organization?

The costs of performing restores are less than ever before as we can save a lot of time with this software.

What needs improvement?

We use Linux guests on Hyper-V clusters and we really need the file level restore on these VMs (ext3 and 4 file systems) functionality.

I've been using it since November 2014.

No, the deployment was very easy.

No, I think the reliability of Altaro Hyper-V Backup is good enough.

No, as when we need another license we can buy it very easy from a reseller. After that, we can install it onto the new host and add the host to the central management. It is much easier than ever before.

We have not used them yet so I can’t judge.

The technical support is fast and very helpful fast. When we had a problem, they replied to us ASAP and they provided a solution.

Yes, we used Windows Server Backup which came with Windows Servers but we had lot of problems with stability.

It was very easy and this is a very good point of this software.

My company has its own IT Ops team which I lead. We implemented it with our own hands.

Time is money. As I said, we can save time with this software, as when we need to restore something, we don’t need repair the failed backups as before.

Yes, we used Altaro Hyper-V Backup Unlimited Edition with 30 day trial period. After that we bought it for multiple hosts.

What other advice do I have?

Estimate what you need. It is very important because Altaro Hyper-V Backup has multiple editions which contain different features. For example, the standard edition doesn’t support the clusters.

More Altaro VM Backup reviews from users