Altaro VM Backup Review

We can restore to a different Hyper-V host machine but cannot backup the actual host machine.

Valuable Features

• Backup live VMs
  • Backup to multiple locations
  • Restore to a different Hyper-V host machine

Improvements to My Organization

We do not have to install backup agents onto the virtual machines anymore. Also, disaster recovery is much more reliable for our customers.

Room for Improvement

Being able to backup the actual host machine would be an improvement for us. Many SMBs do not have multiple machines, so if we could restore the host machine quickly, it would be an advantage.

Use of Solution

I've used it for four years.

Not at all, deployment is straightforward.

Compared to the old days with tape backup software, I would say that Altaro Hyper-V backup is a product that, once installed, does not need much maintenance.

Not at all.

Their responses are always provided very quickly.

I have not yet had to use tech support.

As stated above, we used typical tape backup solutions and image applications, and these were installed on the VMs. Altaro Hyper-V backup’s price is very interesting and it is an easy solution when compared to the competition.

It's straightforward. You are guided during the setup process with a couple of logical configurations to perform. It’s hard to make a mistake.

Implementation Team

We implement this solution for all of our clients.

ROI

The amount of time spent on finding out why the customers backup solution fails has decreased, so they are more productive.

Other Solutions Considered

We have used a well-known product a couple of times but, that solution has become unstable these days. Also, it was a nightmare to for us to support and even their technical support did have problems solving issues permanently. It was not a cheap one either.

Other Advice

Install the trial version so you can see how easy it is.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a reseller and technical contact for our customers.
Schedule Now
Back up unlimited VMs for 30 days. After 30 days, you can use Altaro VM Backup on 2 VMs for free