Alteryx Designer Review

An easy-to-understand and easy-to-use solution for good and efficient flows

What is our primary use case?

We have a few customers who use this solution. They already have this solution in their company. They ask us to help them in creating different flows for different solutions and preparing different kinds of data. We only give support to these customers. We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

The functionality of drag and drop is the most valuable. It is a very user-friendly tool that can be understood easily. My teams also work with other solutions, such as Integration Services, and these solutions are very difficult for people who don't have technical knowledge.

What needs improvement?

Its price can be improved. It is too expensive for our country. Because of its high price, we can't sell Alteryx Designer in this region. We used to be their reseller partner.

There is also an additional cost for automating the data and running the flows, which makes it even more expensive. It will be very good if they can let users automate the data for free. Other solutions like Tableau provide this feature for free.

I have been using Alteryx Designer for five years.

It is really stable. It is a very good product.

It is expensive, which is the main problem. If you want to have the enterprise version, you have to pay for the server, which costs a lot of money. Our customers are big enterprises.

We never needed technical support.

The initial setup is totally easy. It doesn't take a lot of time. It is easy to implement for us. We have a lot of experience in data modeling and architecture. We have different consultants who have knowledge of integration, architecture, modeling, and data.

It is too expensive for our country. We are a small country, so it is too difficult to sell this solution. With Alteryx Designer, if you want to automate the data and run the flows, you have to pay more money. We were trying to automate the flows, and we found out that people have to pay 600 more for this feature, which makes it even more expensive.

We are a partner for Tableau, and we are working with Tableau Prep, which is like a mini Alteryx. In Tableau Prep, you can drag and drop and make new connections with the different data sources. You can make all the connections. You can also publish a source. You don't have to pay more money with Tableau. You pay like $5 per user per month to access it.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very nice solution. We love it. It is the best solution among similar kinds of solutions. It, however, is too expensive, and people can't buy it. It doesn't matter how good a solution is if people can't buy it. As an ex-reseller partner of Alteryx, we always talk about the good quality and functionalities that Alteryx has.

You can make very good and efficient flows in this solution, but you have to do the research for this kind of product and follow the best practices. You need to clean and prepare the data.

I would rate Alteryx Designer an eight out of ten.