Alteryx Review

Scalable, easy to set up, and has a simple GUI

What is our primary use case?

We are mainly using Alteryx for data preparation and processing data.

We are also monitoring for some of our customers, in product analysis, regressions or customer segmentations, and column correlations analysis.

What is most valuable?

The GUI is simple and it integrates with Python.

What needs improvement?

For the area in Alteryx, such as the server the prices are high and it would be better to reduce the fees.

Some of the new tools in the intelligence Suite are the Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and the Natural Language Processing (NLP) language for English characters. We are hoping that the NLP features will also support Chinese characters.

We started carrying Alteryx in February of this year, 2020.

Alteryx is a stable product.

This is a very scalable solution. For every organization or company, there are a few data scientists working with Alteryx. For some of the enterprise, they have a team of five working with this solution, whereas others have two.

Community support is good, but I have not yet contacted technical support. I am not able to assess them.

As a Data Scientist Platform, Alteryx is the first platform that we have worked with.

I have worked with IBM and some other vendors from Hong Kong.

The initial setup is easy, straightforward, and simple.

Within hours, I can have the designer up and running.

The price for Alteryx Designer is reasonable but the price of the Alteryx Server for universal collaborations is too expensive.

I am currently doing a comparison between Data IQ and Alteryx.

What other advice do I have?

Most of our clients in Hong Kong are on-premises because they don't want to share the data on the Cloud.

We use several other products because we want a unified platform for our customers.

If you have experience with Excel, macros, or VBA then you have a great foundation to use Alteryx.

I would rate Alteryx an eight out of ten.

More Alteryx reviews from users