Alteryx Review

Offers very good data transformation with good scheduling and a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for data processing and ETL.

What is most valuable?

Overall, I'd have to say the tool is pretty awesome.

The solution offers very good data transformation.

Users are able to read in from any source, combine heterogeneous sources, and providing output or input to the next downstream step. You can put these things together or you can create very complex or simple flows and then tie them together.

The scheduling within the solution is excellent.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

I can't recall a feature that may be lacking. Overall, we've been happy with the solution.

It's a technical product and those that don't have proper training will have to deal with a steep learning curve.

I've been using the solution for over five years now. It's been a while.

The solution is reliable and quite durable. We haven't dealt with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very stable. We're happy with it.

The solution scales quite well. If a company needs to expand it, it should be able to do so easily.

We don't deal with technical support often. We typically have had other people to do that for us within our organization. That said, the support has been there to accommodate us in terms of the different and pretty stiff information security policies and standards. We're mostly satisfied with the level of service.

The initial setup is not complex at all. We found it easy. It was straightforward.

I don't handle the licensing aspect of the product. I can say that we have to have an enterprise license. Currently and periodically that gets challenged and they try to take it away and we honestly have a hard time finding a tool that could replace it. Therefore, we wind up keeping it. It's happened several times.

What other advice do I have?

We're a corporate user and end-user of the product.

While I don't know the version number off the top of my head, I can say with certainty that we are using the latest one.

The solution is going to be best for technical users or people that have hands-on experience with data such as data scientists or people that can be creative and deal with multiple different databases and different permutations in the structured query language right across those different databases.

It's fairly standard, however, not completely, and so, people in that realm tend to be able to function well, people that are analysts may struggle and have a bit of a learning curve that they have to deal with. I've been doing this throughout the information life cycle - about 35 years plus. Therefore, for me, it's my second nature. Others that haven't been exposed to technology over that timeframe may struggle.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

More Alteryx reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with KNIME
Learn what your peers think about Alteryx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.