Alteryx Review

Fast data processing, highly scalable, and good community support

What is most valuable?

Data processing is most valuable. It is one of the fastest data blockers out there in the market, which is a fascinating thing about Alteryx.

What needs improvement?

They can provide some pre-built tools for predictive analytics instead of us having to build all the tools.

It should also be improved from the visualization aspect. It should have better visualization capabilities. There are tools out there that have better visualization capabilities, which Alteryx is lacking currently.

I have been using this solution for more than six years.

I have done a lot of work on Alteryx and deployed it on client servers, and Alteryx is a highly scalable solution in my opinion.

It is mostly used by the analytics team, which includes analyst associates and project leaders. The consulting team also uses it pretty often. We would like to increase its usage because it is a pretty good software to work with.

I believe their technical support is pretty great. I mostly use the Alteryx community, which is really helpful. It is maintained by Alteryx people.

I used SQL previously, but it was not very good for quick and dirty analysis. So, I switched to Alteryx.

It is straightforward. It is on the cloud, but the major functions that we have are on the desktop itself. The cloud solution is good for client deployments.

My organization pays for it, and I do not look into the financial aspect of the licensing, but I know it is pretty expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Alteryx a nine out of ten.

2020.3
More Alteryx reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with KNIME
Learn what your peers think about Alteryx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.