Alteryx Review

Scales well with connection feature and good stability

What is our primary use case?

The solution allows us to create some reports that my organization uses, that my team uses. We also move some data from one particular legacy ERP into a shared SQL server to mix information from defense applications into one repository for analytic purposes.

What is most valuable?

The connection feature is quite useful to our organization. We connect with other databases. We connect with Microsoft SQL databases or with Oracle databases, and we connect with SharePoint lists, and we can connect with Outlook email servers as well.

The stability is very good. It hasn't given us any issues.

The scalability has been great.

Technical support is very helpful.

What needs improvement?

Our IT team has a lot of restrictions. Therefore, we cannot extend all the functions and all the features that Alteryx has, unfortunately. That's due to the fact that the internal restrictions we have are from a security standpoint.

The desktop license is expensive.

The screen when you are looking into your workflows and your ETL processes needs to be improved. You cannot manage it very well. For example, the column size, and items like that should be adjustable.

I've been using the solution for a couple of years. It's been a while.

The solution has been stable so far. It doesn't crash and freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It's good. The stability of the tool is perfect for us.

We've found the scalability to be quite good. We are connected to big databases, small databases, medium databases, any kind of database. For us, it's great.

In Latin America, there are about 30 to 40 people on the solution. In North America, probably a couple of hundred people are on the solution, and in Europe probably over 100. In Asia, there are probably around 50 more, and the India teams probably have a little more.

I've not personally used technical support, however, we have a person on our team who is more of an expert on all of the features. Sometimes, if he has questions, he will contact them. We have a very quick response, from what I understand. So far, it's been a good experience and we are satisfied with their level of support.

We have a few hundred office licenses so far.

I haven't compared the solution to other licenses and therefore cannot really specify if it's the most expensive option or not, or if the current pricing is unreasonable. This is the tool our company's IT team selected for us and we can use it if we need it. It's not something I chose. It's something my company provides as a tool from an ETL standpoint.

What other advice do I have?

We don't use all the functionalities due to the restrictions we have inside our network. So far, what we use is enough. We can't extend to use all the functions and all the capabilities the tools have. However, that is because of the unique internal restrictions we have.

We use the solution just as a reporting tool and consolidate information from different systems to create analytics, however, I know that Alteryx has far more extended capabilities than we have explored. We use it as a personal user tool. We don't use it as a company strategy to move databases from one side to another side and make consolidations. We use it on a very small scale.

I'd recommend the solution to others.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. We've been largely satisfied with the solution.

9.1
More Alteryx reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with KNIME
Learn what your peers think about Alteryx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.