Alteryx Review

Good connector feature and we can include custom scripts; deep learning models not supported

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is mainly for advanced analytics, including some bison-scripts for the machine learning on data, as well as data cleaning and data processing activities.

What is most valuable?

The connectors are a very good feature and Alteryx can connect to a lot of data sources and there are a lot of options. We can use the ready-made models in the solution for advanced analytics, and we can also include our custom scripts. It gives a lot of flexibility and there are a lot of characters that are available. It's a very user friendly product.

What needs improvement?

The deep learning models are not currently supported by Alteryx. The world is moving towards more advanced machine learning with deep learning models and integration, and Alteryx should do the same. The advanced features are not there, given that most companies are constantly increasing the size of data. Alteryx is not very robust when it comes to working on large sets of data. The new platforms that are coming onto the market, even the open source technologies, are moving really fast. Alteryx needs to find an edge.

I've been using this solution for at least a year.

This product is quite stable.

There's room for improvement with the scalability aspect, because the size of data always increases and it is not an optimal solution for processing large sets of data. For a smaller data size it works really well. Our developers work with Alteryx and we have close to 10 users. We don't have plans to extend usage.

I've only had one contact with technical support and they were very responsive.

The initial setup was easy. Alteryx is a drag and drop tool so the deployment was quick. It doesn't require a lot of scripting.

Licensing is on an annual basis but I don't work in procurement so I have no idea of the cost.

What other advice do I have?

Any company considering a data processing platform which is light, offers good flexibility, and deals with moderate or low sized data, will find this is a really good spend. If, on the other hand, you're working on big data and a higher volume of data, this may not be the right choice for you.

I rate this solution a seven out of 10.

2019.2
More Alteryx reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with KNIME
Learn what your peers think about Alteryx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.