What is most valuable?
- One-stop shop for data preparation, blending, prediction, and optimization in a single workflow.
- In-database analytics native to SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, and SAP HANA
- Spatial tools for geographic analysis and data enrichment
How has it helped my organization?
We provided the whole consulting delivery on a single tool with reporting and automated PowerPoint presentations.
What needs improvement?
- GPU or multi-core CPU utilization
- WYSIWYG reporting with interactive filters and graphics
- Mobile integration: Triggers analytic apps through mobile phone and gets results interactively.
- More statistics tools: We can use to compare SPSS statistics with some automated advisory.
For how long have I used the solution?
We have been using this solution since 2014.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
There were no deployment issues, and it went pretty fast. You sometimes need a license file if you are behind a firewall.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
When the workflows are huge and complex, it may take some time to refresh it.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
There were no issues with scalability.
How are customer service and technical support?
Customer service is pretty responsive, based on the UK and US time zones. Technical Support
Technical support is pretty responsive and knowledgeable. The community support is exceptional, too. It is a very crowded community with lots of practical solutions.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
- SPSS modeler: Not easy to prep features. It needs data enrichment using spatial features. Deployment is not straightforward.
- SAS Analytics, EG, EM, DataFlux forecasting: Very expensive solutions with steep learning curves
How was the initial setup?
The setup was simple. It was pretty much "next, next, and next".
What about the implementation team?
We did the implementation in-house.
What was our ROI?
With a $5K USD designer tool, we already did some big data. There were lots of fruitful projects. I would estimate a six of seven times ROI in a few months.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
A designer and scheduler for $13K/year in total is pretty much earning you the money back in time and in other resources.
The server is a big bet and you need at least 10-15 people with designers or 60-70 people for the continuous use of analytic apps. Otherwise, it's too early to scale up and out.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
- KNIME: A modeling tool not easy to learn, track/audit, or deploy quickly.
- RapidMiner: Good analytics capabilities, deep learning. However, not good for ETL, data quality, or spatial enrichment.
- SAS: Extremely expensive, archaic, and no need to take the risk.
- SPSS modeler: Second best for modeling, but not enough spatial. It is hard to deploy and has a lack of vision.
What other advice do I have?
This solution has a very bold vision.