What is our primary use case?
- Data acquisition, accessing all types of data services no matter the format, vendor or platform, I can connect, read and process the data.
- Data blending and descriptive, creating consolidated data sets, such as joins, unions, summarize, and all basic and advanced data manipulation tasks.
- Advanced analytics, like predictive and prescriptive analysis, which are very good tools.
It involves reading multiple data sources, in different formats, reshaping and blending them together to answer business questions. We generate models for predictions and optimization.
How has it helped my organization?
Alteryx speeds up the time to obtain business answers/insights on data. It can quickly process huge amounts of data. It allows you to have your business prepare their own data sets, and it can even be used by IT people. The speed of processing is impressive to get something in minutes that would normally take you a couple of days or weeks.
Shortens the time required to start analyzing data and looking for insights, minimizing the tasks that do not add value to the business and maximizing the analysis phase.
What is most valuable?
- The codeless concept and speed of processing are unique. Super intuitive to use and easy to master. No coder needed.
- I did not find a data source that I could not connect to yet.
- In/out, preparation, blending, parsing, and transformation tools are the fundamental ones to start analysis.
- Spatial operations and analytics are super powerful for analysis which requires these types of models/operations.
What needs improvement?
Even when it already includes some AI models, this area could be improved.
Another area which could be improved is the visualizations. It would be great to create the final users' visualization within Alteryx.
Finally, the UI does not reflects the amazing tool Alteryx is.
For how long have I used the solution?
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
It is absolutely stable. It has not crashed. It takes seconds to process huge amounts of data without too many resources on the machine.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
There are no scalability issues. It is enterprise ready, and can multiple your processing power.
How are customer service and technical support?
It is one of the most complete and great customer service that I experienced with a software company/ecosystem.
The customer support is fast, complete and proficient. The partner ecosystem is extensive, and all have a couple of very advanced resources to provide support.
Finally, Alteryx has an online community (Check it out at http://community.alteryx.com ), with a lot of people willing to help users.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I used several ETL tools, but none had the scope of Alteryx nor the ability to perform the analysis itself.
How was the initial setup?
The initial setup was very straightforward using a wizard.
Next, Next, Next, OK process. Super easy, intuitive, and problem-free.
What about the implementation team?
Both vendor team and in-house. In all cases, it was a straightforward experience. The vendor was very proficient and Alteryx always had our backs.
What was our ROI?
ROI is huge. There are some secondary benefits, like analysts getting their post 5 PM time back or the ability to shorten all closing processes to a half or less.
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Opt for the three year subscription. It is 20% less than the yearly one.
It is $4,000 a year, so it is cheap versus other solutions. It also accomplishes three times the volume on the job in the same time (as the other solutions).
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
I evaluated Datawatch and QlikView.
Datawatch: Performance was not great and it was not so straightforward to implement.
What other advice do I have?
Download the trial and test it. You will be amazed. It is the complete package for people who work with data.
Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:
- Provide a good product.
- Have good support.
- Needs a clear vision of the future with a very solid roadmap.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?