Alteryx Review

It collects data, manipulation and some Geo-spacial mapping.

What is our primary use case?

It collects data and manipulation and some Geo-spacial mapping.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides opportunities to do some pretty complex tasks easily, without having to worry about the Java. The tools are built-in. You just plug and play, drag and drop, once you understand how to use the tools, it is easy.

What needs improvement?

I think better visualization would be helpful. In terms of data extraction, during the sequel queries of servers as an example, you can structure your sequel query and it's fine, very readable, but once you run it, it crashes into one complex single line, and makes it very difficult. Then you you almost have to go back to management studio, and run it through management studio and put it through restructuring, and it just seems to me that that's not very user friendly.

It is a very stable solution.

For our purposes, the scalability is fine. But, I think that scaling it for a big enterprise would probably be an expensive endeavor.

I would rate the tech support a 7.5 out of 10.  They do not necessarily provide lots of hands on support themselves, instead they farm it out to partners and forums.

The learning curve for implementation was a bit steep. You pretty much have to teach yourself as you are setting up the solution. Once you do that, you are OK.

It is a little bit pricey. The desktop version is cheaper, it is on a one year license. And, if you want to do anything on an enterprise name it is quite expensive. The current pricing model may get to be too much in three to four years time.

We also considered DataBricks.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise that you should ask yourself what you need and want, and do a one-month trial.