Alteryx Review

Easy to summarize data, easy to scale, good reporting features, and excellent technical support

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for KPIs and trending.

What is most valuable?

All of the data science features in terms of unioning and joining data together are valuable. The formula tools are good, and it provides an easy way to summarize data.

It has some really good, solid, basic reporting functions.

It's not as robust as a lot of the dynamic interactive tools, but it certainly gets into the more static reporting very effectively.

What needs improvement?

The only weakness I would say is on the visualization side of having that dynamic incapability.

I know that it is dependent upon having the on-premise and cloud server environments, but even there, the product functionality is somewhat limited.

This would reduce the need to integrate it with other products.

I have been using Alteryx for a couple of years.

I am not using the latest version. I am one version out, and I am in the process of having it updated to the latest.

I generally stay up to date with each release.

I am using the desktop version.

I don't think that there any more issues with stability than would be expected for a product of this type. Those occasional things happen, but it's nothing that is significant.

Alteryx is easy to scale.

We have three people who are using this solution in our organization.

Technical support is very good. They get high marks.

I would rate them a ten out of ten.

We had used JMP, which is a product by SAS, and it really didn't have any capability of doing the automation that Aletryx has, other than some really bespoke programming language. It is a type of script language.

It is very awkward to learn and use it.

The initial setup is definitely straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely advise others to give it a fair look. It's a great product.

It is not marketed as a solution to all different types of aspects of analytics. I'm not going to downgrade it just because that's not within the scope of what they're marketing the product for.

Based on what it has been marketed for, I would rate Alteryx a ten out of ten.

More Alteryx reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with KNIME
Learn what your peers think about Alteryx. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.