Amazon API Gateway Review

A complete solution with good security, integration, and stability

What is our primary use case?

We use it for normal API purposes.

What is most valuable?

Its security feature is the most valuable because it is mainly a security solution. It has easy authentication and authorization, and its integration is also useful.

What needs improvement?

The user interface, in general, can be better. The user interface for the entire Amazon cloud can be more friendly. There are some scenarios that are not really easy to manage and configure through the user interface.

I have been using this solution for more or less one year.

Its stability is great.

It is very scalable because it is in the cloud. We might have around ten thousand users of this solution. The client for whom we deployed this solution is using this solution and won't be changing it or increasing its usage in the near future.

I haven't really used technical support. Its documentation is really good and complete. There are a lot of things on the website that you can use.

We didn't have a different solution.

It is ready to be used because it is in the cloud. It is very straightforward to set it up with some support. The deployment duration depends on the number of services, but generally, it takes around two hours.

We used an in-house resource. In terms of maintenance, we have a team that supervises not only this product but also other products. I think the product itself doesn't require much monitoring or maintenance. It is really managed by the cloud.

We didn't evaluate other options because our environment is in Amazon, so it didn't make sense to use another solution.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution for anyone whose strategy is to run entirely on Amazon. You basically have to use another approach if that's not the case. If you have a hybrid cloud or if you are trying to be independent of the cloud, this is not a good solution for you.

I would rate Amazon API Gateway an eight out of ten. It is a complete solution.

More Amazon API Gateway reviews from users
...who compared it with Kong Enterprise
Learn what your peers think about Amazon API Gateway. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.