Amazon API Gateway Review

Good ability to proxy and has a simple user interface

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for exposing internal data sources to the internet.

What is most valuable?

The ability to proxy has been the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be better. Also, possibly better technical support services or possibly just more documentation to assist users.

I've been using the solution for six months.

The scalability is very good. We plan to slowly increase usage. We have a number of things we need to do with it. It won't grow substantially, but maybe to double what we've done so far.

Like most Amazon services, and this one's the same, you're expected to effectively do your own support, and any other support is by emails, so it's quite limited.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup is pretty easy. Deployment only takes five minutes.

We are an integrator, so we did the implementation ourselves.

We've not yet directly seen any ROI, but we weren't expecting to.

The pricing can always get better, but it's pretty reasonable and it's a pay as you go model.

We evaluated Dell Boomi and we looked at Informatica.

What other advice do I have?

The user interface is easy enough to use. I don't really have any complaints about it. In terms of advice for implementing and using, I would say you should make sure you've got good internal skills.

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.