Amazon API Gateway Review

Enables us to provide controlled access to our services running within Amazon but the configuration should be better

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for providing controlled access to our services running within Amazon.

What needs improvement?

You can code anything and hook it on to it but it doesn't give you stuff out of the box like the other gateways give you. You can do anything with it because you just attach a LAN to it and it will do anything, but that's to the custodian. You know you're not using the power of the gateway. It's hard to configure. There's a lot of options but it's very hard, it's very confusing.

In the future, I'd like to see Amazon develop a portal and monetization that is not only for the Amazon Marketplace.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is very easily scalable.

The technical support is very strong. We've had issues with the solution and configuration and we've gotten very good support.

We used something else, but Amazon is more powerful. We moved to the cloud.

I didn't do the initial setup, so I'm not sure how hard it was to implement, or how long deployment took. Right now, we have two DevOps people handling the maintenance.

We didn't evaluate any other options before choosing this current solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a five out of 10. If there was a better configuration, I'd give it a higher score.