Amazon AWS Review

Solid solution that offers a wide variety of features

What is our primary use case?

It is on the public cloud and we are using it for multiple purposes, including data storage and production.

What is most valuable?

The main feature that I like the most is the variety of solutions that it provides. It provides some analysis, business information and more. It provides a wide variety of services.

What needs improvement?

One area that could be improved is in data management. They could improve on the data side. For example, I see others with better cloud services and larger data computing capabilities.

We have been using Amazon AWS around four or five years now.

We use it as a customer.

I think the scalability on the computer side is good, not too much of a challenge. It is sometimes on the database side where we encounter challenges on the scalability. Sometimes it is not easy to scale beyond that point and we get a scalability error on the computer.

We have around 10 people working on it who do the maintenance, automation, and monitoring.

I would say support is average.

A lot of times I would prefer a better turnaround time in terms of the response we're getting, it should be faster. Often we have to wait a long time before the problem is solved. So it is generally a very poor product resolution.

My initial setup was quite straightforward.

I implemented it myself with one other person.

What other advice do I have?

I would say to somebody who is moving to the cloud that it is very easy to start with. At the same time it is also important to make sure they have a very strong partner or a very strong team in-house.

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate Amazon AWS an eight on product and technology. But overall I would rate them seven if I include services and support.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Amazon AWS reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Amazon AWS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.