Amazon AWS Review

A complete cloud infrastructure solution with many valuable features and great scalability and stability

What is our primary use case?

We have migrated on-premises infrastructure for a customer to the AWS cloud with different workloads, such as Windows, Linux, Oracle, and SQL Server. It is a public and hybrid cloud deployment.

What is most valuable?

It has several valuable features, but the load balancer, auto-scaling, and RDS database are the main ones. It is a complete cloud infrastructure solution.

What needs improvement?

In terms of technical features, I don't see anything missing. The only two points in favor of other providers are the price and local support.

The main problem that we see here in Brazil is the price. It is much more expensive than any other cloud provider.

Their local support can also be better. We get more support from some of the other providers here in Brazil as compared to AWS.

It is very stable. There are no problems with its stability.

Its scalability is perfect and great. We have around 300 users.

Their technical support is okay, but it can be better. This is something for which there is room for improvement. We get more support from some of the other providers as compared to AWS.

It had medium complexity. It was not too complex, but it is never simple to migrate to the cloud. It took three months.

Several people were involved in its deployment. We had 13 people in total. There were about eight people from our side and maybe five people from the customer side.

It is much more expensive than any other cloud provider.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Amazon AWS a nine out of ten.

More Amazon AWS reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Amazon AWS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.