Amazon AWS Review

Scales well with an easy initial setup and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are a hospital system provider. We use the solution in order to provide provisions to the hospital. The client didn't want to host on-premises, and therefore we are using this product.

What is most valuable?

If there are issues, I come and check on them, however, I rarely use the solution, which suggests it's pretty problem-free. It works pretty seamlessly.

The initial setup is very straightforward and I didn't have any issues with configuring the solution.

The solution can scale quite well.

Technical support is pretty decent so far.

What needs improvement?

The pricing of the solution could be better. It's a little pricey.

I've been working with the solution for the past two years or so.

I haven't seen anything that would make me assume that solution can't scale as much as you need it to. It seems to be pretty scalable. There are no limitations.

I've found the technical support to be pretty decent overall. You do need to give them some time, however, largely we are satisfied with their level of helpfulness.

I am not extensively using the solution and I didn't do any work on the AWS; there's a DevOps team who will do the configuration.

That said, it's very straightforward. I didn't face any complexity in configuring AWS, for example.

As integrators, we can implement the solution for our clients.

It would be ideal if the solution cost the customer less. It's expensive right now.

What other advice do I have?

We're integrators and service providers. We offer services to our clients.

We use a private VPN for the solution.

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations, so long as the company doesn't care about the pricing.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten, simply due to the fact that the cost is high. They lose points there.

More Amazon AWS reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Amazon AWS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.