- Amazon Web Services offer a very low pricing option based on usage, with no up-front payment.
- Amazon Web Services can be used as a Content delivery network, as Amazon has multiple data hosting centers spread across the globe.
- Amazon Web Services is a highly secure durable technology platform, for hosting all your applications over the cloud. The AWS storage facility is very scalable and grows and shrinks as per your needs. You only pay for the exact usage and not more.
- AWS is a not dependent on any programming language or any kind of operating system platform. You are free to choose the development platform or programming model that is suitable for your application and business. You can also decide what services you want to use and how to use them. This takes the burden of focusing on infrastructure off your shoulders.
- There’s less IT infrastructure staff to manage.
Room for Improvement:
- Though not very often, Amazon services are known to go down once in a while. If you are running highly intensive businesses off Amazon, you might end up losing a big chunk of your revenue due to AWS break downs. You might have to think of alternative backup options as well.
- The other thing to keep in mind is the cost factor. Though the prices are not sky high, if you are a startup then you have to answer the big question: Is cloud comparatively a cheaper option or is it more expensive?
- Initial learning curve, sometimes takes a bit of time and deters quite a lot of people from doing their business with AWS, so make sure you spend sometime to ramp up with AWS.
A good cloud service that takes care of all the back end infrastructure management and administration work off your hands. The pay-as-you-go option is very suitable for most of the organizations. Prices are a bit higher when compared to hosting your service over your own hardware. However, you get the benefits of having your application over a cloud. The auto-scale feature is something worth the money, as you don't have to worry about deploying more servers when there is a high demand during peak times.