Amazon AWS Review

Great cloud platform with scalability a key feature

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for all modern application development and data-led processes as well as for building architecture, AWS Lambda and more scalable solutions for our clients on AWS cloud. I'm a practice partner of data analytics and AI.

What is most valuable?

This is a great cloud platform and scalability is an outstanding feature. It's very useful.

What needs improvement?

I think the solution could be more user-friendly, like Microsoft products. They could include a lot more applications and make free resources available. I'd like to see more code application within AWS to build modern and good applications. A lot of cases we deal with need to write a lot of code in AWS and it would be helpful if there were designer functionalities.

I've been using this solution for six years.

This is a very scalable solution. Most of the enterprises use AWS today, it's the number one cloud provider today.

AWS technical support is good. They have a partner that provides us with technical support. It's managed either by AWS or by partner support, and it's good.

Because the solution is on cloud, there's no real installation. You download to the cloud and login. When it comes to infrastructure positioning you need to have different teams. It requires some infrastructure support but it's fully managed by AWS. We plan to increase usage.

Licensing options are either a monthly pay for use option or a contract option.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution.

I rate this product a nine out of 10.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Amazon AWS reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Amazon AWS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.