Amazon AWS Review

What is most valuable?

The valuable features for us are scalability and flexibility.

Regarding scalability, we have specific days of the week that the traffic in our system exceeds more than twice the load system. So with the scalability, I can support this load. If I need to perform a specific marketing action, my system will respond to the request easily.

How has it helped my organization?

Before AWS, the time for availability of a new server would be more than a week, and currently, it can be measured in minutes.

Failover also wasn’t easy to configure and wasn’t safe.

It has helped our engineers to improve our performance both financially and in terms of traffic generated.

What needs improvement?

I see some applications, like AWS Deploy for example, require usage of other applications. This and other issues should be better explained in the documentation.

We have been using the solution since May 2012.

In the beginning, during the implementation, we had problems with stability, especially in S3.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

We don’t pay for professional support. However, the support forum helps us with most problems.

For cloud solutions, during our research, we searched the best quality service inside our budget.

The setup was very straightforward.

Unfortunately, the price is high. The pricing and licensing is explained well in the documentation.

We evaluated other options, including Rackspace, Google Cloud, MS Azure, etc.

What other advice do I have?

Pay attention especially to costs.